Sophomore Schedules

Monday: Art & Econ
Tuesday: Lang/Lit & History
Wednesday: Music & Math
Thursday: Super Quiz (Geology) & Speech/Interview/Essay

Announcement: If you'd like to post a powerpoint, e-mail it to Ms. Kelly to post on Snapgrades. If you have lesson notes you'd like to post, e-mail it to me or your group lieutenant. Group lieutenants who don't have administrative privileges: please e-mail me (Sarah).

BTW, people. I don't think changes to individual section pages are e-mailed to people who follow the blog, so just check them every so often when they're updated. Or maybe someone left a blog about it.

16 Sept 2010: Kay, I'm getting depressed. Why don't you guys ever comment?! *cries a little*
Whatever. People who I've granted administrative privileges and already have a page up and running here: make your lesson announcements on your page. See Language & Literature page for reference.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Update on the Summer Boot Camp (further updated at 7:30)

The details for the Academic Decathlon Program are slowly being put together. I intend to focus on the Grapes of Wrath and the development of our speech and essay skills. Any particular focus on the information in the basic guides hasn't been scheduled, but if anyone is looking to make a lesson plan on anything for the team, feel free to approach me, Dr H-S, or Sarah about it.

Attendence will NOT be mandatory. If you don't want to come, please don't! Your willingness to participate in these sessions will probably reflect in your performance.

FOR THE FROSH: Yes, you are welcome to attend the AcaDec Boot Camp. These meetings will be an excellent place to get copies of the basic guides so you can begin studying (seven months before competition). Freshman will not be allowed to join the actual starter team, but they will be allowed to compete as alternates. I'll write up an entire blog about what events alternates do and don't in a later blog (which will probably be in a half hour, as I'm at the district board meeting and do not have much to do).

Now, where when who how why ?

Where: Probably at the school site.
When: Yet to be determined, but we're projecting at least two days a week. The meetings will not coincide with the Algebra 2 slash 3/4 slash whatever college class that will also be at the school site. (A few of the kids kept asking me that, as if we'd schedule an enrichment period during a mandatory class that a third of the AcaDecians would be attending. Feel stupid? You should. Now discontinue your inquiries. XD)
Who: Because Ms. Kelly will be our coach next term: her! But we still need to know how much of her summer she wants to give up. So... not really yet to be determined, but technically: yet to be determined (I haven't talked to her about this at all, but I'm supposing she would want to because a) she's our coach, b) she helped us out over the Winter Break, and c) she loves us oh so much).
How: Most of the sessions wil be led by students and students will make lesson plans. Ms. Kelly will probably be there for the speech practices and she may or may not be there for discussions about the book. I still have to talk to her about that (probably should've put off writing this blog until then, but hey, here I am).
Why: To kick some rich kid butt in January/February/whenever it is.

Well, this is about as detailed as I can pass on to you. I will approach Mr. Hall tomorrow see if we can get a mailing list of the Frosh AcaDecian Wannabes.
(OMG, some guy sitting next to me has an iPad! This is the first time I've seen one in person! It's so cool! I can see the touch screen keypad from here! Hmm... the "keys" look big enough to use comfortably, unlike the iPhone. I was worried about that. Oh wait, I've got a blog to wrap up. Just thought I'd let you know that! Current events! Gawsh, I love blogging. Or maybe I like treating Blogger like it's Twitter...)

Until next time, this is RadAcaBecca! See you in a half hour! I'm going to beg a dollar or two or three or seven from my mom and raid the vending machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment