Sophomore Schedules

Monday: Art & Econ
Tuesday: Lang/Lit & History
Wednesday: Music & Math
Thursday: Super Quiz (Geology) & Speech/Interview/Essay

Announcement: If you'd like to post a powerpoint, e-mail it to Ms. Kelly to post on Snapgrades. If you have lesson notes you'd like to post, e-mail it to me or your group lieutenant. Group lieutenants who don't have administrative privileges: please e-mail me (Sarah).

BTW, people. I don't think changes to individual section pages are e-mailed to people who follow the blog, so just check them every so often when they're updated. Or maybe someone left a blog about it.

16 Sept 2010: Kay, I'm getting depressed. Why don't you guys ever comment?! *cries a little*
Whatever. People who I've granted administrative privileges and already have a page up and running here: make your lesson announcements on your page. See Language & Literature page for reference.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Remember my question from the last music lesson...

"What's the difference between an ostinati and a motif?"

Vani, I took the liberty of checking it out myself.

The answer (found from wikipedia):
An ostinati IS a motif.
 An ostinato is always a succession of equal sounds, wherein each note always has the same weight or stress. The repeating idea may be a rhythmic pattern, part of a tune, or a complete melody in itself.
A classical music example:
The basso continuo part from Pachelbel's Canon in D.
Riffs are ostinato's.  Think "Iron Man" by  Black Sabbath: (<-- click for link to youtube)

This chord progression is repeated over and over again.


Thahnks por reading!
-Seewah.

1 comment:

  1. Well, technically this isn't a chord progression.
    It would be a chord progression if played on the guitar (unless individual notes are played).
    But it's written with only a single melody.
    Remember that chords are special kinds of triads! :D
    LOL.
    I lost some sleep because I didn't mention this...

    ReplyDelete